Harmful bacteria on the tooth can lead to decay. Our dentists can remove the decay and fill the area. Tooth colored fillings are made of tooth colored, composite resin. This protects the tooth from infection and further decay and restores them with a more natural tooth colored material.
When decay is left untreated, it can worsen, causing further infection and even more severe pain. The infected tooth may eventually require a root canal or extraction.
The process for placing a composite resin dental filling is as follows:
- The tooth is isolated from saliva to keep it dry.
- The decay is removed from the infected part of the tooth.
- The composite resin is placed in layers over the opening.
- A special light is used to harden each layer of composite resin material.
- After the tooth is filled, the composite resin is shaped to resemble a real tooth.
We can help you decide whether composite resin fillings are right for you. Composite resin not only restores your teeth but also gives them a natural-look.
You can decrease your risk of cavities and other dental diseases by:
- Brushing your teeth twice a day
- Flossing daily
- Keeping up with regular professional cleanings
- Avoid eating or drinking acidic or sugary foods and beverages